Click the picture to watch our political ad.
The Canarican Party was founded by Grace Campbell in Hopkins, Minnesota. Her hope was to give America a new face that represents the people.
In Canarica, we believe it is very important to read. It can help your vocabulary to increase, and overall you will become more intelligent and especially more informed.
Here’s our reading list:
Global climate change
- Another week, another report; Global warming.” The Economist 19 Apr. 2014: 73(US). Student Resources in Context. Web. 2 Dec. 2014.
- “Global Warming,” Britannica School. Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., 2014. Web. 2 Dec. 2014.
- EPA. “U.S. Greenhouse Gas Inventory Report.” EPA. Environmental Protection Agency, 11 Sept. 2014. Web. 07 Dec. 2014.
- EPA. Total U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions, 1990-2012. Digital image. EPA. N.p., 20 Aug. 2014. Web.
- Freedman, Bill, Laurie Duncan, and K. Lee Lerner. “Global warming.” The Gale Encyclopedia of Science. Ed. K. Lee Lerner and Brenda Wilmoth Lerner. 5th ed. Farmington Hills, MI: Gale, 2014. Student Resources in Context. Web. 5 Dec. 2014.
- June, July, and August of 2014 created hottest summer in history
- http://www.freedomtomarry.org/states/ http://www.bbc.com/news/world-25927595
Candidate name: Grace Campbell
Hometown: Hopkins, Minnesota
Political affiliation: The Canarica Party
Abortion represents a woman’s right to control what happens to her body. In Canarica, we believe that access to abortion should be legal, easy and safe in all 50 states. Before abortion became legal in the United States, back-alley abortions and abortions in unsafe, non-sterile environments were more common than they are today. We want for women of any age or class to have access to a safe abortion. Ideally, if the patient is younger than 18, the parents would be involved, but we understand that there are some cases when that is not possible.
The Death Penalty
In the Canarica party we believe that the death penalty should be abolished in all 50 states. It is illegal to murder someone, why should the government stoop to the killers’ level? Just as murder is illegal for private citizens, we would make it illegal for any of the 50 states to use the death penalty. We know that not every defendant gets a fair hearing, and it’s better to spare every life than to waste any innocent lives.
Marriage is one of the biggest steps in a relationship. If a man and a woman can get married to each other, then so should two men or two women. Still, in many countries, same-sex couples still can’t get married, or even be together. In Canarica, we do not believe that gender should be a legal barrier and interfere with someone’s relationship in any way. We will work until any consenting adult in the United States can marry the person they love.
Many people believe that Euthanasia is cruel and makes people suffer. However, the quality of life would be improved because people would feel more stable knowing that their loved ones won’t need to suffer. The fear of having to live in such a terrible condition would go away because people would have a way to die peacefully, but still be able to solve things with their loved ones.
Global Climate change
Every year, the polar ice caps melt more and more from global warming. Things have been done, though. Our use of electricity has decreased. We have slept slightly reduced the amount of greenhouse gases we
release. But we in Canarica believe that there is more that can be done.